May 28, 2003
- Hungarian Consulate General, NY
FOREIGN PRESS ASSOCIATION
MEETING HOSTED BY THE
GENERAL IN NEW YORK
Siu Wai Cheung (Hong Kong), President of Foreign
and Dr. Gábor Horváth Ambassador Consul General of Hungary
|The Foreign Press Association was founded on February
16, 1918. It has no ties with any government and is free from all
national and political bias. It is a strictly independent, non-profit
organization, financed by membership dues and by selected sponsorship.
Active Members are journalists serving media published overseas.
Associate Members are members of related professions such as
diplomatic, United States media or public information representatives.
The purpose and objectives of the Foreign Press Association are:
1. To further the interests of its members and to promote their
professional and social relationship.
2. To take action, whenever necessary or desirable, on behalf of
foreign correspondents in the United States individually or as a body.
3. To keep members in contact with American life and opinion and with
developments in other countries by entertaining distinguished local,
national and international figures.
4. To contribute through the media of all countries to the work of
fostering international goodwill.
Source and information about the FPA's objectives, scholarship
fund, membership and more at:
Foreign Press Association Members and guests of the event